Saturday, November 22, 2014

Burlap Wreath


Like many, I caught the bug to make a burlap wreath. After trolling through several "Pins" this is how I made mine. I had 4 - 15 feet by 8 inch rolls of burlap in the craft closet for 6 months. Time to put them to use. My starting point.


Head to your local craft store and decide what size of wreath you want. I went big. My house sits back from the street and I wanted my wreath to be noticed. This ring is 24" diameter. So what you'll need is:
wire wreath ring
burlap ribbon or cut your own (messy)
florals, letters or whatever you want to embellish you wreath


You could use a smaller width of burlap if you are making a smaller wreath.Tie the end of the burlap onto the ring.



Now pull the burlap up in between the wire and make a bubble for the lack of another term. Twist the burlap. This helps it stay put. So you're basically pulling the burlap up and back down in the same spot. Twist and do it again in another spot. Continue until you come to the end and tie off. Do this until your ring is fluffy with burlap to your liking.



I used hot glue to adhere the embellishments.






When you drive by, slow down and take a look. Happy Fall!

Thanks for checking in on me.
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...