Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pan Fried Chicken and Mushrooms

New Recipe Wednesday!

Welcome back. I was chatting with a friend today and she asked if I had anything new on my blog. Once again I have been so deep in doing and creating and not enough time to blog about it. So Jackie, this post is for you!

I came across a recipe in a magazine while I was on my way to a sunny destination last month and thought I could tweek it a bit to make it mine. This is what I came up with.

Pan Fried Chicken and Mushrooms

4 chicken thigh-leg pieces with skin on
2 Tbsp snipped fresh thyme
1 Tbsp olive oil
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp honey dijon mustard
1 Tbsp snipped fresh flat leaf parsley

Heat olive oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add chicken. Season chicken with sea salt and ground pepper. Brown chicken, both sides. Now add the fresh thyme, parsley, mushrooms and drizzle with dijon mustard. Cover skillet with lid and continue to cook chicken turning as needed until cooked through. I served this with some fresh green beans. And the next time I make this I will remember to take a picture. This will serve 4 people. Enjoy!

Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...