Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Italian Chicken in Foil

New Recipe Wednesday

It's Spring and I have been busy in the flower beds and vegetable garden. I can stay out there for hours and enjoy every minute of weed pulling, ground tilling and planting. My other loves are sewing and creating. Cooking typically is not what I love to do. But now and then we all have to try a new recipe. So I had time tonight for one of the quickest recipes ever to make. Make this in the oven or on the grill.

Italian Chicken in Foil

aluminum foil
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
4 tsp olive oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
minced garlic your preference, small amount if you are not a garlic lover. Alot if you love garlic.
1 red onion
1 green bell pepper
1/3 cup Zesty Italian Dressing

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Tear off a piece of foil that is big enough to have chicken to be wrapped in. Like a sleeping bag for chicken.
Place chicken on foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Slice onion and bell pepper. Place them over the chicken. Sprinkle with minced garlic.
Fold up the foil to cover chicken and seal all sides. Place on baking sheet if cooking in oven. Or place on grill.
Bake for 20 minutes. You will know when it is done. The foil will puff up like a balloon if you have sealed it well.

Next time I make this I plan to use red bell pepper instead of green, to make it sweeter.
You can also add julienned carrots. Or other herbs to your liking. I may try a basil leaf.

Now, if you are feeding an army go ahead and make this recipe as is. But I was the only one at home tonight so, I took one chicken breast, drizzled with oil, added the amounts of vegetables I wanted and cooked as is. Delicious! I just watched the foil and when it was puffed up like a balloon, I took it out...dinner is served.

Enjoy!

Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...