Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Chicken Curry with Cabbage and Peppers

New Recipe Wednesday - Crock Pot Freezer Meals for Two

Welcome back! I hope you checked in last week and tried my first in the series No Potato Beef Stew - Crock Pot Freezer Meals for two. If not click the link and read a little background on this series. I've taken it from Mixing With Michelle and put my only little spin on it. It is healthy, you may loose a few pounds, and it is geared toward the empty nester or newlyweds. Double the ingredients to make it for 5-6 people but I'm blogging about meals for two. So enjoy!

Chicken Curry with Cabbage and Peppers


1 to1.5 lb boneless chicken, cubed
2 cups milk - I used Almond.
2 tsp curry powder
1 small yellow onions
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1/2  head of cabbage, chopped

Label you ziplock bag. Add all ingredients minus the milk. Freeze. Cook on low for about 4 hours until done. Add milk during the last 15 minutes of cooking.

Serve over rice or noodles.

Ok, confession time. We did not like this one. We labeled it "not a do again". Really was very bland. Even with the curry powder. But I want you to make the call. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Check back with me and we'll make Jambalaya. Spoiler alert! This is a keeper!

Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...