Friday, August 1, 2014

Not too old yet.

I have talked off and on about staying healthy. We belong to the local YMCA. It has great instructors that give great classes. They are motivating and the bonus besides getting fit and healthy... you make new friends. With that said, I am not a runner. I really don't like it because I usually run by myself and well the classes are with others, enjoying fun music. You probably remember my families' last minute entry into a Thanksgiving 5k last year. I thought maybe this spring I would give it another go. My hubby had suffered a torn achilles and was still recovering. I heard about this little 5k through my office. It was a benefit the county put on as part of Feed the Need. The entry fee would go toward providing food for the hungry in our area. Plus we could take canned goods to be entered into drawings and who doesn't like winning stuff. The weather had been cool and of course a few days before, it started really acting like summer. 


I won't lie. I had not been running or even working out in my normal routine, so this was brutal. I was whipped. 




But it has a great ending. I took 2nd place in my age group! This is my first medal EVER! My time was 31 minutes 16 seconds. Woo hoo! That was fun.

Get out and get some exercise this summer before the snow starts to fly and we're all couped up inside.

Linda


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...