Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Asian Salmon in Foil

New Recipe Wednesday

I am somewhat sad. This is the 4th and last in my series on Salmon Recipes for the month of August. I never really liked or even ate fish much growing up, but as an adult I have truely embraced it. So many different ways to prepare it and sooo good for you. This recipe is another awesome one so I'm going to get right to it.


Ingredients

1/4 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 tsp sriracha
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 lbs salmon or what ever size fillets per person you like
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (I don't always use these, only when I have them on hand)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil

In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, sriracha and pepper to taste.

Place salmon onto the foil. Spoon the honey mixture over salmon. Seal the salmon in the foil.

Bake in oven 10-20 minutes depending on number of fillets you are cooking.

Serve garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.

For a treat, save some of the honey mixture. Lay some asparagus on a baking sheet and spoon honey mixture over. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes. Serve with salmon.

Let me know how you enjoyed my salmon recipes. Remember when looking for salmon at the store, seek out the wild caught. Better for you and so much yummier tasting.

You'll want to check back in on me in September for New Recipe Wednesday. It has been a long time in coming but I will start my series on cooking for 2. Combined with freezer meals. If I tell you this now, I'll have to blog about it right? Motivation for me. :)

Enjoy!

Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...