Sunday, June 24, 2012

In the Vegetable Garden

There's no doubt about it, I love to grow things! Both my Grandma Sophia & Grandma Eileen were good influences in this area of my life. The summer squash is doing great. I try to share with others what we can't eat. The tomatoes are just coming on. I know, the Roma's are a little green yet but I just had to pick them. I have never grown Early Girl Tomatoes before and these look super. The green beans are just starting so I hope they make it through this early heat. 100 degrees in June is unusual. The raspberries are all but done. For some reason my bell pepper plant is not well at all, but the jalapeno pepper is producing like crazy. I garden specifically to make salsa and add the other things for a bit of fresh in our meals. Check back later and I'll post a tutorial on how to can salsa! Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...