Friday, August 30, 2013

Red Door of Welcome!

 
This door was plain and boring. Something had to be done, so when I walked past the unacceptable colors of paint customers did not want and saw the perfect color for $2.00 I had to get it. The original paint is in good condition so I did not do any sanding on the door. Red needs many coats to come out a uniform color. I started by taping all the windows and on coat 3 or 4 I decided I was just using too much tape when I could use a blade to trim off the excess from the glass.

 
I used a 1 1/2 inch brush to paint the trim and a very small foam roller to do the flat surfaces. Typically I might add Floetrol to help reduce brush marks but didn't on this project. It looks great!! Someone told me having a red door is a welcoming gesture. I couldn't agree more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...