Monday, June 3, 2013

Happy Little Trio

We have lived in our current house for 5 years now. I have finally come to the conclusion we don't have enough art on the walls. I have a new favorite blog that has helped me solve this problem. You must check out www.thegraphicsfairy.com. She has over 3500 images you can download and print for free! And so many neat ways to use them. This is what I did.

This is what you'll need

Art canvas, you can get this at your local hobby/craft store. I bought three- 8X10's
Printed image. I chose 3 nature history images from www.thegraphicsfairy.com
Craft paint
Mod Podge

First I chose my prints, printed them on my home printer on regular printer paper. I trimmed the images to fit the canvas. Nothing exact. I eye balled it and cut them with a paper cutter.

 I chose Americana, Burnt Umber to edge my canvas to give it a "frame".


Just paint the edge so when you apply the image the paint will be under the edges just slightly. Let dry. It dries pretty fast. I did this all in one evening.

 Next get out the Mod Podge and a small brush. Apply a thin thin coat of Mod Podge onto the canvas.


I used a small craft brush to apply the Mod Podge.


Don't delay, Next apply your image. I used a wall paper roller to roll over it to remove any bubbles. Once smooth, apply another thin coat of Mod Podge. If you need to remove bubbles be sure the Mod Podge is still wet. Don't over roll, this is sticky stuff and you will tear your image. I speak from experience.


Side note: I placed a paperback book into the hollow of the canvas. Then when I rolled the bubbles out I had a solid surface to work against. Use something according to the size of the canvas you use.


I'm really happy with my new wall art. It was fast and easy and super easy on the wallet!


If you have questions on how I did this, leave me a comment. I'd love to hear from you.
Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...