Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Trash to Treasure

I had helped a friend move early this spring. A few days later I dropped by to see how the unpacking was coming and noticed a box their daughter had earmarked for the trash. Right on top was a painters canvas she had started to paint and decided to pitch it. I asked if I could have it and this is what I did.
 
I chose a background color and painted to cover the previous artists' work. I used acrylic paints you can get at your local hobby store.

 
I used a shade of dark brown and using three fingers instead of a brush painted.

 
Then a shade of yellow.
 

And the third color a red.

 
I added a little brown and yellow in different areas.

 
And finally another shade of brown for the flowers' center.

 
Let it dry and add a favorite bible verse or saying. You could also frame the piece.  I plan to add hinges and attach it to cover the thermostat. But this is where I need your help. My husband thinks it looks like a turkey an elementary student drew. LOL.What can I do or add to this to improve it? Maybe a paint pen to draw flecks in the center of the flower? Maybe the words need to be painted as thicker letters? Leave me a comment to help me finish this piece. Thanks!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...