Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Thinking back to Fall.

Wow, I have so many projects to update you on. Let's go all the way back to fall.
Veggies, veggies, veggies is all I can say.





My garden really produced this past summer. I can't tell you my secret because I don't know it. Many of my friends were very discouraged as their produce did not perform. I ended up making 52 pints of salsa. Green beans were given to friends, family and co-workers. Squash was coming out my ears. I even gave canning pasta sauce a go.  I may have to expand the garden next summer. What should I add? Potatoes? Cucumbers? Tell me what you think.


No, I didn't grow pumpkins but I do have the space to. Hmmm, very tempting. But back to why I'm showing you this pumpkin. My sons used to carve pumpkins with me each Halloween. Now they are older and never around so it's up to me to continue this fall tradition. I went to www.bhg.com and found pumpkin carving stencils. My furry friends influenced me this year. 


Sitting pretty here, from left, Harper and Ellie are very loyal companions so I honored them in my carving. Here's a few pictures on how I did this.


Print out the stencil from the Better Homes and Gardens website and tape it to the pumpkin.


I used their instructions of pin poking along the stencil lines and then used a knife to start cutting. Be sure that in your initial cleaning of the pumpkin you carve down the interior well on the side your stencil will be. My pumpkin was a little ripe so it cut easily. I had pumpkin carving tools you can get at your local grocery store, dollar store or big box store.


Very easy. Don't be afraid to give this a try next Halloween. It does take a little more time but well worth it. My other pumpkin I wanted to try something different.


I bought good old puffy paint and painted on my own design. I set the pumpkin on its side in a large bowl and painted one side at a time. Quick and easy!!


This tree is always my favorite in the fall. Such beautiful color. Thanks for checking in on me. 

Linda

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...